Recently I clocked up the magnificent milestone of having published 650 blog posts. And, this started me thinking about how I could re-purpose and re-use this content in new ways. The obvious question for me was how to turn these blog posts into books.
This is episode #48 of the Ideas Architect podcast. And, today we’re talking about re-using your blog posts by collecting them and packaging them into a book.
There’s a couple of good reasons for this.
- Firstly, if you’re needing a reason to blog the lure of writing a book might be a good kickstarter.
- Secondly, if you already have the blog posts you might as well leverage them in new ways and potentially attract a new audience.
[Tweet “How to Turn Your Blog Posts into Books”]
In this Podcast Episode
In this podcast episode we talk about:
- The limit of just slapping a cover on a bunch of blog posts and calling it a book
- The single most important thing you need to do to make this work.
- How to escape the trap of flow.
- Why your Blog Categories are the key to success
- What TV shows like The Blacklist can teach you about engaging your audience
- Why I love mind-maps
- Why your blog traffic statistics are the key to a successful book
- Why you should turn your blog posts into podcasts as a stepping-stone to creating your book
- How I created my book What the #$%?! Is Going On? using this strategy.
This Blog Post Series this Podcast was based on the following blog posts:
- Turn Your Blog Posts into Books
- Five Ways to Turn Your Blog Posts into Books
- How to Create Your Blog Categories
- Story Arcs – How to Keep Your Readers Reading
- Turn Your Blog Posts into Podcasts
- A Book of Posts
Also, I suggested using mind maps and I recommend Mind Node as a simple solution.
[Tweet “Use #mindmaps to turn your blog posts into books and use @mindnode to do it”]