This is the sixth of six in a series of self-leadership trends adapted from Daniel Pink’s book A Whole New Mind. Previously in this series were:
Over the years most of us have accumulated a lot of things. Some of them continue to make us happy others clog up our lives. This is useful and it’s no longer enough. Today we also crave meaning, purpose and fulfilment in life and at work.
Create Deeper Meaning
Here are five things you can do today to help you create greater meaning in your life and workplace…
- Gratitude Journal – Every day write down at least one thing that you are grateful for, notice how it changes over of time.
- Read Some Happiness – Find books on happiness: Seligman’s Authentic Happiness or C.S. Lewis’s Narnia; kids books.
- Read Some Meaning – A great place to start is with Victor Frankl’s Man’s Search for Meaning or anything by the Dalai Lama.
- Find Your Calling – Do what really turns you and turn your hobby into your career. Earn your living from your passion.
- Define Your Legacy – What do you want to leave behind after you die? How will others see your lifes contribution? Start today.
[Tweet “Five ways to create deeper meaning in your work and life #self-leadership #meaning via @bookrapper”]