This is the fifth of six in a series of self-leadership trends adapted from Daniel Pink’s book A Whole New Mind. Previously in this series were:
Sometimes we need to be serious. And, if you want to be happy, healthy and more successful in a professional environment then a sense of humour, play and lightness is crucial.
How to be more Playful
Here are five things you can do today to help you be play more at work and in life…
- Learn From Kids – Our age limit for playing is in our heads! Watch children to learn how – again.
- Start Laughing – Join a laughter club, start your own, watch a comedy or just start laughing. Try it!
- ‘Be Different’ Day – Once a month deliberately step out of your routine and explore the new. We dare you!
- Chore Games – Dance while you dust, sing while you sweep and warble while you weed. Turn the routine into fun.
- Joke File – Start a joke file and collect funny stories and cartoons. to share with your friends, audience and colleagues. Sparkle!
[Tweet “Five ways to be more playful #self-leadership #play via @bookrapper”]