In this episode of the Ideas Architect Podcast, we talk with Helen Macdonald, the Corporate Optimist about her plan to create an international community of one million optimists. And, she has just launched the Optimist Foundation.
We discuss the challenge of doing what pays the bills and doing what you love. Whilst Optimist is her chosen mindset and passion Helen Macdonald also runs a successful training business.
We look at why positive and negative thinking doesn’t work. And, ask ‘What is Optimism’ and how does it help you deliver better results? The key lies in the original meaning of the world ‘optimise’. We also look at the difference between optimism and happiness.
Helen Macdonald also shares about:
- The downside of busyness and the upside of taking a break
- The power of having a big hairy audacious goals (BHAG)
- How to attract the right people to assist you on your path
- The power of conversations for building your community
- The magic of having a manifesto as a means to focus your intention and make your idea concrete
- Why rituals and practices are crucial for building a following
[Tweet “Helen Macdonald @optimismzone shares her goal of #onemillionoptimists”]
- Helen Macdonald’s website: OptimismZone.com
- The Optimism Zone on Facebook
- Martin Luther King Day – The power of rituals
- Email Helen Macdonald: email@example.com
- The Optimist’s Hashtag: #onemillionoptimists