Ideas Marketing is based on the principle that you start your branding and marketing process based on your big idea – your promise, the cause you stand for, the beliefs you hold dear. Then you build this idea into existence in a range of different forms so people can live your idea every day. It’s an idea that can be applied to any situation.
How do you design a country? That might seem like an odd question. And, it’s only because the opportunity to do so doesn’t come around very often. Typically, the design piece happens at the birth of the country – we come up with a name, perhaps a flag and a set of rules or a constitution to live by. But beyond this we don’t think of designing a country as an active and ongoing design exercise.
Following on from our previous blog post for Australia Day, here’s a podcast version applying the Ideas Marketing framework to Australia. We discuss:
- Manifesto – what is a manifesto for a country?
- Game – what campaigns and projects does a country create?
- Publish – Who are the official and unofficial publishers of a country and how do they shape public opinion?
- Experience – What are the two ways we experience a country?
- Artifact – What are the tools, symbols and things that bring the spirit of a country alive?
- Cult – Which types of communities make Australia who it is today?
- Rituals – Which activities do Australian’s perform regularly to presence the spirit of the nation?
- Gestalt – Why is a country such a great example of a gestalt?
Listen, Download, Share
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed