Welcome to Episode 013 of the Ideas Architect Podcast.
We talk with Australia’s Malcolm Gladwell, Eric Knight. He’s the author of the engaging book Reframe: How to Solve the World’s Trickiest Problems. Eric is a former Rhodes Scholar and economic consultant to the OECD, the UN and the World Bank. He writes for various newspapers and magazines and his second book Why We Argue About Climate Change has been recently published.
In this Podcast Episode…
Eric talks about:
- The role of science fiction in shaping this story
- How a train ride prompted the writing of this book
- The power of sacrifice
- Why Climate Change is not about the weather
- Why communication can save the world
- The problem with invisible problems
- What makes problems complex
- The tyranny of choice
- Why process is crucial in an age of complexity
- The single pathway to sustainable success
- The importance of asking the right questions
- Why process can be more powerful than answers
Here’s the links to the things we mentioned in the show…
- Eric’s Website
- Buy Reframe from Penguin
- Buy Why We Argue About Climate Change from Penguin
If you want our latest episodes delivered directly to your smartphone, tablet or computer, subscribe via Apple iTunes or Stitcher.com.
[threecol_one][/threecol_one] [threecol_one][/threecol_one] [threecol_one_last][/threecol_one_last]
Thanks for the encouraging feedback! We’re approaching our 1000th download which is a huge result after only 12 episodes. Thanks for listening!
Listen, Download, Share…
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed