Graeme Cowan – Build Your Resilience, Boost Your Mental Fitness
Episode 015 of the Ideas Architect Podcast.
Our Topic: Resilience
Graeme Cowan is a former Management Executive who crashed and burned – in a big way. After suffering with depression for over 5 years he tried multiple attempts to take his own life. Ten years later and a long road to recovery he has successfully rebuilt his life. He has now written two books with a third international edition due out in January 2014. Graeme is a conference speaker and consultant who works with organisations to boost workplace productivity and build resilience. In particular, overcoming stress and depression. He’s also been a longtime supporter and advocate of RUOK, a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to encouraging conversations to prevent suicide.
In this Podcast Episode…
- What is the Elephant in the Board Room?
- The biggest cause of lost workplace productivity.
- Why workplace stress may be costing you big dollars.
- How stressed leaders cause stressed workers.
- What dog whisperers and horse whisperers can teach you about leading your teams.
- The early warning signs that stress is impacting your health
- Are you part of a Thriving Tribe?
- Four micro-strategies for building corporate resilience you can implement today to create a measurable difference.
- Why asking for help works.
- What RUOK stands for and why it matters.
- Why simple things make a big difference to mental health.
- Three everyday factors that undermine mental health and how you can avoid them.
- Why reflecting on your death today may be the best thing you ever do.
- The power of living your life in One Week Blocks to build resilience.
- Three high impact things to focus on each week
- The shocking secret that Gandhi, Martin Luther King had in common.
- Why adversity fuels empathy and resilience
- How Realistic Thinking can be the source of your power
- The Five Levels of Tribal Leadership
- Why it’s not all about you
- The importance of global travel
- How to create workplaces that reward wellbeing as well as performance
- Why commitment to your purpose is essential to your success
- Graeme’s Website
- Graeme’s Books on the Back from the Brink website
- The Elephant in the Board Room Report
- Graeme on ABC Radio National – 16 September 2013
- Malcolm Gladwell’s book What the Dog Saw on Amazon
- Seth Godin podcast interview with Krista Tippett: The Art of Noticing and Then Creating
- RUOK on Australian Story 2011 – Gavin Larkin
- RUOK website
- Bronnie Ware, The Top Five Regrets of the Dying on Amazon
- Dave Logan, Tribal Leadership
- ICMI, Barry Markoff, Work Health Safety Solutions
- Email Graeme: support @ graemecowan.com.au
[threecol_one] [/threecol_one] [threecol_two_last][/threecol_two_last]
Listen, Download, Share…
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed