- What online channels are you using?
- And, which ones are you best suited to?
Image from: Social Media Examiner – their podcast is one of my favorites – listen to it for the latest thinking on how to succeed on these individual channels.
[Tweet “Choose your best online channels #socialmedia #content”]
Your Online Channels
That conversation has prompted this podcast episode where I share some of my thoughts and experience across a wide range of online channels. We consider:
- Websites – Is this your home base or not?
- Blog – Why it is not simply about writing
- Podcast – The intimacy advantage and room to multi-task
- Twitter – The two things that Twitter is brilliant at
- Facebook – The challenge of personal versus private and business
- Instagram – Is this a standalone medium or simply a feeder for Facebook?
- YouTube – The big reason why I’m about to launch a YouTube channel
- LinkedIn – The three things you can do on LinkedIn and why I’ve just upgraded to a Premium account
- Google+ – Is this the poor cousin of Facebook?
- Slideshare – Why slides shows are no longing just slideshows
- We also discuss the critical importance of consistency and whether this is an attitude you can change or not.
[Tweet “Which online channel should you be using? #contentcreation”]
- Irma Zimmerman on Twitter @TellJuicy
- Steven Pressfield, Turning Pro
- Trav Bell – Our podcast interview with Trav
- Trav Bell – The Bucket List Guy blog
- Graeme Cowan – Our podcast interview with Graeme
- Graeme Cowan on LinkedIn
- Trevor Young on Slideshare
Related Blog Posts
Here are 3 related blog posts that highlight the three key questions to ask about deciding on your content channels: