Sell Your Ideas: Six Success Principles for Giving Your Idea a Potent Twist
Welcome to Episode 021 of the Ideas Architect Podcast.
Our Topic: Sell Your Ideas
Geoff McDonald shares a Book Rapper recording from one of his favorite books.
In this episode Geoff takes the ideas from the brothers Chip and Dan Heath’s best selling book Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Other Die. He raps the key ideas for you to devour in under 30 minutes.
The book Made to Stick boils down to a fundamental belief: We’re all selling something. And, that something is essentially an idea. So, how do you sell your ideas?
If you want, or expect, someone to want or buy your ideas you need to be willing to put in the effort to make it land and stick in the mind of your audience. Take the time to reverse-engineer every idea and give it a shockingly potent TWIST – The ‘Will It Stick’ Test.
In this Podcast Episode
- Why the stickiness of your message is your most powerful career weapon
- What’s the ultimate measure of success for your idea?
- How to reverse engineer your message to sell your ideas
- How to polish your core idea so it shines
- How to grab people’s attention and keep them interested
- Why authors write thrillers backwards and how you can apply this to your message
- The importance of your sensory system to sell your ideas
- The two fundamental ways to have your audience believe you
- How to make people care enough about your message to take action
- How to create stories that give your audience the energy to act
- Three types of stories you need to tell to connect with your audience.
- For more information about the authors, to buy Made to Stick and their other fabulous books visit Chip and Dan Heath’s Website
Listen, Download, Share…
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed