Welcome to Episode 009 of the Ideas Architect Podcast.
In this interview, we talk with the person Forbes magazine rated as the #5 social media influencer in the area of book publishing in the world for 2012… Gihan Perera.
Gihan is also:
- The author of ten books including Out of Office, Webinar Smarts and Fast Flat and Free.
- Has run a monthly podcast for the past five years
- Presented hundreds of webinars to thousands of people
- Leads the eGurus community of speakers, trainers and consultants
- Presents to conferences and organisations on how to be positioned as an authority
In this Podcast Episode…
Gihan talks about:
- How he visited every website in the world
- Why he prefers the quality of connection and influence over quantity – and what this means for your social media strategy
- Why webinars are the ‘perfect storm’
- The various reasons for, and different ways to, write books
- How he was featured in Garr Reynold’s best selling book Presentation Zen – along with Seth Godin and Nancy Duarte
- Steve Martin’s secret for success
- The Three Rs of social media influence
- Why you can be more influential working in a niche
- Why referring people to experts other than yourself is good for you
- The power of paying to learn from other experts
- How to earn the right to be the authority in your field
Here’s the links to the things we mentioned in the show…
- Gihan Perera’s personal website
- Matt Church – Speakership
- David Penglase – Sales Coach Central
- Keith Abraham – Speakers Business Kit
- EGurus Community website
Love to hear your thoughts on this episode. Add them below.
Listen, Download, Share…