Part 18 of 27 Social Media Lessons From Barack Obama’s Presidential Campaign
Obama’s Campaign provided the tools for supporters to engage where ever they were.
Smartphones now offer the chance to connect with your supporters wherever they may be. Mobility is the new frontier of the online world. The Obama iPhone app was installed by 95,000 people in 33 days leading up to the election. It had almost as many features as the website. It provided:
- RSS feeds of announcements and press releases
- Enabled supporters to call friends and connect like Facebook
- Allowed views of photos and videos
- Gave bite-size summaries of key campaign issues so supporters could use this in their daily discussions
- Gave a countdown to the election date
- Allowed supporters to donate.
Action : Provide mobile ways for supporters to engage as they go about their lives through their smartphones.
Derived from Rahaf Harfoush, Yes We Did