So how do you create low hanging fruit?
At first I thought I had to go off and create something from scratch.
Then I had a brainwave.
I often joke that one of my greatest strengths is that I’m fundamentally lazy! LOL!
What I really mean is that I typically look for short cuts.
Surprisingly, when I rapped Gregory Bern’s Iconoclast (Book Rapper issue Eye Create), I realised we all have lazy brains.
In other words, as a survival mechanism our brains are designed to look for shortcuts.
Phew! At least I was normal…
So, the obvious place to look for low hanging fruit is in what you’re already doing.
And this is where the seeds of Book Rapper were found.
I listed a bunch of things that I was already doing.
It read something like this…
- Writing training manuals
- Designing my own website
- Doing my own book keeping – eek!
- Creating remarkable plans and strategies
- Constantly drawing models and visualizing concepts
- Reading lots of books and taking notes
- Creating puzzles and card games
- Writing articles
- Exercising at the gym
- Sparking ideas over lunch for friends