Alexandra Watkins, Hello My Name is Awesome: How to Create Brand Names That Stick, Berrett-Koehler, San Fransisco, 2014.
Giving It All Away
Alexandra Watkins is the founder of EatMyWords.com – a brand-naming agency. In writing her book, Alexandra has faced the same dilemma that confronts every thought leader and business expert when they write a book and that is…
Should I give away everything I know?
And, what I mean by everything is effectively, a checklist and process for doing the work she is paid handsomely for.
I think the answer is always: Yes! Give it all away.
I think there are three compelling reasons for this:
- Provide maximum value for your reader. Don’t shortchange them by skimping on the details.
- Provide maximum leverage for yourself! Go on show us you’re an expert… Prove it! And, prove that you not only know the theory, you also know how to get your hands dirty and deliver on what you’re talking about. Alexandra walks the talk with wit, wisdom and wonderful examples.
- The big one… Even if 90% of your audience can take your book and do exactly what you do, there are always going to be those who can’t and won’t. It’s a show of generosity; confidence and true expertise to be able to happily give away your gold. Kudos Alexandra!
This is a great little book. And, I’m pleased it’s little. Rather than pad out a standard 250-page business book with unnecessary filler, this book is a concentrated vitamin pill that can be consumed with ease. In about two hours you can learn what you need to start creating captivating brand names.
[Tweet “THE book for creating your next brandname #awesome by @eatmywords”]
- SMILE – The 5 Qualities of a Super-Sticky Name
- SCRATCH – The 7 Deadly Sins
- Domains – Strategies and secrets for getting the best domain name
- Creative Brief – Your DIY brand name road map
- Brainstorming – The step-by-step process Alexandra uses!
- Name Review – 12 Rules for claiming a great name when you see it
- Name Changes – The pros and cons of doing so
Buy this Book
This is THE book for creating your next brand name. It’s filled with clever examples. It’s simple and clear. And, best of all, it will help you create a brand name that people will talk about for all the right reasons.