PROFIT : What are you going to do with your time when you are no longer chained to your desk for most of your waking hours? How are you going to fill the void? TIM’s DEAL points you to the possibility of a mobile lifestyle. Instead of taking a holiday fling to unwind, you can choose to live where ever, and how ever, you want.
Get Out of the Office
If you’re a lifetime careerist/employee, before you can automate, you have to get out of the office.
Start with one day a week working remotely.
Propose a clear plan and say exactly what you want to do to work remotely.
When you get your chance to work remotely perform!
Demonstrate that it works to every ones advantage.
Turn one remote day into two, then three…
Adopt a totally mobile lifestyle.
Ideally, when the business has been automated, you will need to check in once a week via email to make decisions.
Pick up the phone for a few hours each week and train your people that you’re only reachable during that time – they’ll start to take initiative and solve problems themselves.
When you design and streamline your workload you can:
- Educate your kids while globe-trotting;
- Volunteer social capital to something bigger than yourself;
- Outsource tasks, and
- Go virtual so that you can live anywhere, anyhow.
This is your one shot at life.
The Work Void
“What the #$%@?! am I going to do today?”
Surprisingly this is the biggest concern of the New Rich – at least at first.
Like going on holiday it can take a little while to settle into the routine of not having to work today.
Yet, if you stop and think about all those wonderful things you could do… you might just get excited about the idea.
- Live in a foreign land,
- Establish a kinder in Vietnam as a group of 4HWw devotees are doing,
- Scuba dive the tropics,
- Help the locals,
- Write poetry…
What’s your escape?
Start thinking about what you’ll do when you join the New Rich and you might just get motivated to take some action.
It is achievable!
Stop taking vacations!
That’s right, stop taking those one or two days, and those odd weeks where you cram all that travel and all that site-seeing into a stress filled holiday.
Start taking mini-retirements for 3-6 months every year!
Consider, how much it would cost to live in Thailand or South America for three months.
It’s a lot cheaper than staying at home with your nose to the grindstone.
Most of what we earn goes in taxes and in keeping our current lifestyle afloat… the car, the house, the…
Instead you could be ‘working’…
- In the sun on your high-tech yacht,
- Learning a foreign language,
- Volunteering on a fresh water project in China or…
- Sipping local lager in Laos.
Go on, you know you want to…
- How would you work remotely in your current job?
- How could I demonstrate my increased productivity?
- How much money do you need to take a mini-retirement for 3 months?
- What else do you need to consider to make it happen?
- How would you spend your time if you didn’t have to turn up to a job?