James Burgin talks about how to craft your personal and professional brand. This is episode 030 of the Ideas Architect Podcast.
Our Topic: James Burgin
James Burgin is an international brand expert and Managing Director of Brand Within. They offer an integrated approach to branding, marketing and business development with a special focus on knowledge marketing and social media marketing in the natural health industry.
Previously, James has created knowledge products with authors and educators such as Robert Kiyosaki, Les Hewitt, JJ Childers, Dolf de Roos, Ron Ianieri, John Burley, Diane Kennedy and Andy Heller. He has also worked with Donald Trump in forming the branding for Trump University.
Currently, he consults to Australia’s #1 Vitamin retailer and is a lecturer at Sydney Community College.
In this Podcast Episode
- What is Branding? What is a Brand?
- Why your brand is not your logo
- Brand Examples: Apple, Bondi Beach, Naturopaths
- What is a Personal Brand and why you need to be deliberate and strategic about it
- What’s the connection between your Reputation and your Brand?
- What is your Brand Personality?
- The only way to stand out in a crowded marketplace
- Why Volvo remains a great global brand
- Why Holden can still be a great Australian brand despite no longer manufacturing cars in this country
- Why you need to be deliberate about every element of your Brand Experience
- What role does the story of your brand play?
- The creation of the Trump University brand and the impact of Donald Trump’s personal brand
- The three parts to the Brand Triangle with a Bondi cafe as an example
- The essential parts of your Online Branding, Content Marketing and Social Media
- Why you should start your Social Media on Instagram
- What do we mean by Brand Self-Expression?
- What is a Brand Meme?
- How to create a global business entirely on Instagram using the example of Simple Green Smoothies
- James Burgin’s website: Brandwithin.com
- James Burgin on Instagram
- Paleo Cafe, Bondi Junction
- Simple Green Smoothies on Instagram
- Geoff McDonald on Instagram
- Ken Burgin, Profitable Hospitality
- Boost Your Career with a Powerful Brand Online – with James Burgin and Ken Burgin