Geoff McDonald: The Ideas Architect
In this special 100th episode we turn the tables as Suzanne Mercier interviews The Ideas Architect himself Geoff McDonald – we talk about podcasting, board games, Book Rapper, Project Passion and purpose.
The Ideas Architect Podcast
In Episode 100 of The Ideas Architect Podcast we discuss:
- Why I created The Ideas Architect podcast and possibly why you should also start your own podcast show. This includes the simple benchmark for success that I set for myself.
- The big realization I had about myself from interviewing other people. And, the big learning from practicing presenting.
- My background in Architecture and how that has shaped what I do today. I share why I left architecture and why I became the ‘Ideas Architect’ designing ideas for clients.
- The tug-of-war conversation with myself that lead to the birth of Book Rapper.
- The event that inspired the birth of Manifesto. And, how it solved a problem I had working with my clients and why it’s crucial that we need to have an emotionally strong message.
- Why did I leave architecture after studying for eight years and only practicing for two years? The answer revolves around how to design a board game.
- How Project Passion was created from a personal breakdown after buying a new laptop. And, the funny story of how someone who doesn’t finish all their projects came to create and lead a program to help others complete their projects.
- How do you define success and why we need to keep coming back to this fundamental business and personal question?
- What is the difference between Inner and Outer Goals? Plus, the four types of Inner Goals and why you need to include both types in your project design.
- My fatal confession about clients and why you should think clearly about the type of clients you have and how you work with them.
- Some big emerging trends that will shape leadership, corporate training and your future: neuroscience, habits, deliberate practice and deep work.
Podcast Show Notes
- Suzanne Mercier Website
- Book Rapper – Free downloads on GeoffMcDonald.com
- Suzanne Mercier Ideas Architect Podcast Episode #61 – Unmask Performance
- Suzanne Mercier Ideas Architect Podcast Episode #3 – Overcome Your Career Roadblocks
- 1000 Manifestos – with over 200 examples
- Manifesto book (and other books)
- Geoff’s Strength Finder Profile
- Suzanne’s Imposterhood Website
- Thoughts Leaders Business School
- Project Passion